Hi, I'm Isabel. I am an illustrator and map maker.
My illustrations and maps are detail-focused and hand-drawn (most of them).
My passion lies in illustrated maps and cartography as an object of narratives, storytelling, life experiences, special places. Also love historical detailed maps.
I hope my work reaches you and inspires you in a good way.
- Artistic Illustration Specialization
Instituto Superior de Educação e Ciências / University of Évora (2011-2012)
- Degree in Architecture and Urbanism
Faculty of Architecture of Lisbon; Lisbon Technical University (2000-2005)
- Erasmus, Istituto Universitário di Architettura di Venezia (2004)
- Eliana encontra o Mundo da Matemática. Self publishing. Portugal (2021)
- 96 Illustrated Maps of the UK and Iceland (by artists from around the world), They draw and travel (edited by Nick Padavick), USA (2016)
- Aprender e Ensinar com os Animais do Céu, da Terra e do Mar. Chiado Books (2016)
- The Temptation Ring, Mehta Publishers (Mkids), India (2015)
- Fábulas de Siempre, Everest Editora, Spain (2014)
Fábulas em Verso, Everest Editora, Portugal (2010)
- Chamo-me Eugénio de Andrade, Didáctica Editora, Portugal (2014)
Chamo-me Charles Dickens, Didáctica Editora, Portugal (2012)
Chamo-me Florbela Espanca, Didáctica Editora, Portugal (2011)
- Como os manuais de Português fazem nascer ou matam leitores, DN, newspaper supplement QI, 09/02/2013 | WHO - Creative Talents Agency.
- Collective exhibition "Opowiadania na tacy" Hansel and Gretel
Bookstore Spanish Elite, Wroclaw, Poland (December 2014 - February 2015).
- Collective exhibition "Premio Europeo de Ilustración ‘Cocina de Cuentos’" Hansel e Gretel
Salón do Libro de Pontevedra, Spain (March 2014).
- Collective exhibition of 11th Francisco Mantecón International Advertising Poster Competition
Vigo’s Maritime Station, Spain (2013).
- Collective exhibition of MFA Illustration, ISEC/UÉvora
Museu Nacional do Traje, Lisbon, Portugal (2012).